Monday, May 18, 2009

Class 3: Buddhism

How is your daily life affected by Buddhism? What do you do and why do you do it? Please give 5 examples and make sure you explain why you think you do them!

I don't regard myself as a buddhist though, I was raised in the environment that strongly connect to Buddhism.
My family itself had a responsible position to support the temple in the region.
As a child, I went to the temple many times of the year and talked and learned a lot of things from monks.
However... I cannot think of any acts or behaviors which I do it daily in terms of religeon.
Even saying "itadakimasu" is not related to Buddhism in my point of view.
There are many things that came originally from buddhism.
I also practice them, though, it is not because of my faith, but my habbits.
So, I do not consider I do things specifically Buddhistic.

I'm sorry that I didn't mention 5 examples.
But I have my own reason.
I could give you a answer, but I just didn't feel comfortable with the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment